Normal office hours in all our branches throughout Portugal are from 09:00am to 01:00pm and from 03:00pm to 07:00pm, except in our Head Office in Prior Velho, close to Lisbon Airport, which is from 09:00am to 01:00pm and from 02:00pm to 06:00pm.
We are closed on the 25th of December and 1st of January.
Normal office hours at Faro, Lisbon and Porto airports are from 08:00am to 20.00pm.
On the 24th and 31st of December we close at 07:00 pm. We are closed on the 25th of December and 1st of January.
For each pick up or drop off at airports outside normal office hours, a fee of €29,00 will be charged directly to the customer.
During normal office hours, a fee of €15,00 (each way) will be charged for each pick up or drop off away from our branches.
At locations where we don't have a branch, the charge will be €1,00 per kilometer from the nearest branch.
Airport deliveries - Airport Service included
- Baby seats
- May be supplied upon request. Each costs €6,00 per day charged directly to the customer.
- Additional driver
- For each additional driver mentioned on the Rental Agreement, a fee of €6,00 per day will be charged directly to the customer.
- Young drivers
- All drivers between 21 and 25 years of age must pay an aditional fee of €6,50 per day. To be covered by insurance, these drivers must be mentioned on the Rental Agreement.
- Collecting in advance:
- We shall not refund the rental days which were not used, either to the customer or to the agency involved in the booking.
- Cancellations / no show
- There is a cancellation / no show fee of €50,00 when a reservation is cancelled with less than 3 days prior notice, or if the customer doesn’t show to pick up the car on the agreed date and time.
- E-toll device for highways in Portugal
- Cost: €1,85 per day + tolls
- Wi-Fi mobile hotspot
- Cost: €6,99 per day
- Domestic one way rentals
- Lisbon / Oporto / Lisbon - €50,00
- Lisbon / Faro / Lisbon - €50,00
- Oporto / Faro / Oporto - €100,00
- International one way rentals
- Not available.
The client (whether the driver or not) is always responsible for an excess fee of €900,00 for groups A, B and C, €1.500,00 for groups D, E, I and J, €2.000,00 for groups G and G1, and €3.000,00 for the remaining groups, in case of a self-provoked accident, damages caused by acts of vandalism, theft of the vehicle or theft of any of its acessories, as long as the driver is unable to indentify the guilty party.
This deposit must be made by credit card upon the delivery of the vehicle.
This deposit will be refunded at the end of the rental, if no accident has taken place, and no damages have been caused to the vehicle by acts of vandalism, theft of the vehicle or of any of its acessories.
This deposit can be eliminated by paying an insurance fee of €10,00 per day for groups A, B and C, €12,00 per day for groups D, E, I and J, €20,00 for groups G and G1, and €22,00 for the remaining groups. This fee must be paid by the customer when receiving the vehicle.
In case of accident by the driver's fault, considering portuguese law, insurance companies decline to cover any damages caused to the hired vehicle or to third parties whenever it is detected that the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, drugs, toxic products, or by insanity of the driver.
Insurance companies also decline to cover any damages if the driver uses the car in sports competitions, races, rallies, challenges, contests, bets, etc.
We also inform that even if the car's driver is not under the influence of any of the above substances but by any means destroys the vehicle by his own fault, Auto Jardim shall not refund any amount for the time left to complete the rental, and will only provide another vehicle after a new, large deposit that may cover eventual damages to the new vehicle.
We would like our clients to be well informed about these conditions. Thank you for your preference.